Re: Using Vinegar/ground fabrics

  • Subject: Re: Using Vinegar/ground fabrics
  • From: Shishi@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:36:52 EDT

In a message dated 06/15/2005 9:29:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jlanier@yancey.main.nc.us writes:

have  washed stone walkways between raised beds. This has worked
> well  up
> to now. In several places I have tried differnet sized stones. I  have
> several hundred feet of what could be called pea-stone for  walkways.
> The
> weeds have come up with a  vengance..

hey all,
what i do with ANY kind of stone/rock walking surface is to kill  the area
off first, then lay a THICK weed barrier down.  i can only find it  one place,
the big orange store.
the fabric is like gray flannel; heavy, spun, and opaque.  you  know you
found it when the price is very much higher than the black  junk.
this is the only product i use on all my commercial walks, wall  backup, etc
etc, anywhere where you dont want the rock going DOWN in the dirt,  or the
dirt or weeds coming UP thru the rock.
this stuff save's my clients in tons of maintenance.
we're using a new walking surface, made of crushed slate.  the  look is
great, the texture is medium fine, and the color is a darl gray.   after a few
rains, it sets up like concrete too.
our local supplier calls it "trail mix", buti didnt see any raisins  or

Harry Abel/Shinkigen...
a New Beginning
we do not  create the beauty, we only point out the beauty
God has created.
we are  stewards of The Garden
bamboo artifacts for the garden and pond
hand  carved lava water basins and free form lanterns
hosta bonsai bamboo japanese  maples
garden design/build/management
770-434-9955  h      678-462-7080 cell
www. shinkigen.com