Re: New Hostas

> Do you buy for the name , the slug resistance, the size, the color,the
> flowers, or , what other reasons?
> Ran Lydell
Actually all of the above except name.  I may choose NOT to buy a plant
because I find the name objectionable, but I've yet to buy one simply
because the name is interesting.
I find myself choosing mostly by size, I prefer medium and smaller.
Waves, ripples, red petioles or scapes are also on my priority list.
For my just plain green section I've been looking for all different
shades of green, different shaped leaves, something different about
it's flower habit i.e tibae is branched, Nakaimo and Purple Lady Fingers
are supposed to have attractive buds.
Joanne
jopyz@earthlink.net