TC & Streakers

Jim, Ran, et al:
      I had always understood that streaky breeders like 'Dorothy Benedict
' could not be reproduced in TC. Ergo the  cost and rarity. Do streaked
unstable sports show up in TC randomly? I assume yes. This year I bought  a
dozen TC seedlings of 'Spilt Milk'. Since  this is an unstable streaked
breeder I assumed that it could not be  produced in TC in any numbers.
Looks like I was wrong. Also I understood that the original plant did not
develope its milky streakedness  until the 4 th or 5 th year. If this is
true  then in what manner does Tc accelerate  a maturing pattern process? I
gathered from reading what you people had writtten that this whole process
was in doubt. The one thing I would add is that my efforts to grow milky
streaked seedlings from the  SM seeds has been almost futile.
    Glen W.      Where the weather is benign  again