Last new hosta

Well I've just finished planting my nearly last new hosta of 1998.  I
know I've got just 3 more due and so decided to wander around assessing
my new purchases.  To date I've added 36 hostas to my collection making
a total of about 50. Of course a certain amount of companions is also
necessary.  Therefore there are 6 new pulmonarias, two chelones, acouple
epimediums and a ligularia.  Also a Kirengeshoma palmata, but that
doesn't count since I was rescueing it from a sale where it looked half
dead.
 I always thought I went for more for the variegated varieties but of my
new purchases only 12 are variegated. Heart shaped leaves definitely
dominate.  I've added 4 species hostas and hope to continue adding to
that collection.  So far I've been most impressed with H. Blue Moon, it
just seems like a perfect little blue hosta,  H. Super Bowl has looked
outstanding as well. Among the variegateds H. Mary Marie Ann is
wonderful, even if the rabbits find it very tasty as well.
Among my previous plants H. Snow Cap is at the top of my list.  It was
one of the first hostas I saw that I felt gotta have it and I don't
regret that decision for a moment.  H. Striker is a small beauty,
already formed into a wonderful clump and even though small it gets
noticed.
 Enough of my rambling, time to go see if there are any irises left to
take for our big show tomorrow.  And Sunday trekking down to Pittsburgh
for thier cut leaf show.  Definitely busy weekend ahead.
Joanne
P.S.  I'll probably check in at the chat room tonight after 8(eastern)
and hang out for a while to see if anyone shows up.  It was nice for the
couple of us who got in, hopefully we'll get it straight.  Just remember
register your nickname and don't enter a password.
jep