Re: Mini/small blues

Anyone who has much experience with Dutch hostas would have no trouble believing
your tale.  Sorry if anyone considers this slanderous, but hostas coming from
Holland are notorious for being mislabled.  When I complained to our salesperson
from an importer we were dealing with, he laughed and said, and he was Dutch and I
swear this is true, he said that Dutch growers think American garden centers don't
know the difference, so if they have too much of something, they just relabel it
as something else. I haven't bought a Dutch hosta since.  I told him they were
cutting their own throat because sooner or later buyers were going to get tired of
it.  That was about 10 years ago and they are still doing it and still selling
millions of hostas here.  Low price wins out over quality again.