Re: Dutch growers

In a message dated 6/16/1998 7:16:08 AM Central Daylight Time, Kdye1@aol.com
writes:

<< We can't police this, it's just another case of "let the buyer
 beware." >>
The AHS could have some clout here. The AHS through the appropriate official
could communicate these complaints to the appropriate agency of The Department
of Interior or whatever.
I dont know what Kay Dye means by the term "We" but there is such a thing as
breach of contract. If one orders directly from a Dutch grower  a bunch of
hostas advertised as, say 'Great Expectations' and receives a bunch of  pigs
in a poke, one could demand a refund and if that was not forthcoming, one
could file a suit in a Small Claims Court.

I disagree that there are "sellers all over" and if I follow Kay's syntax, I
gather she is saying in effect that there disreputable sellers and growers
"all over."
I think we should be very careful about making accusations such as that
without hard evidence to support such.

I have received plants from growers here in the states that are not what I
ordered. The seller has always either refunded my money or sent the right
thing.
Clyde Crockett z5