Re: transporting cut leaf specimens: Erratum and Addendum

In a message dated 6/18/1998 3:19:24 PM Central Daylight Time, BBROWNJ@aol.com

<< I agree with all Clyde says except the hot water. >>
Hi All!

I forgot to mention that I only do this if leaves are really "droopy" ---this
has been the case with leaves with little substance and that are large, such
as the montanas.
Barb makes an excellent point in saying one should do the initial cleaning at
home. ( I have cut leaves in the evening before I left only to discover a
tear, a hole when I arrived at the convention. ) If you want to cut leaves
early, put them in a container with water and put this is in your icebox(that
is the thing Yankees call a refrigerator, Westerners call a 'fridge, and
Englishmen, a Frigidaire.) Refrigeration also makes the dark green ones REALLY