Re: Visit to Highgrove

In a message dated 6/20/1998 7:42:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
GPETHER321@aol.com writes:

<<  I was fortunate enough to be included in a small party of
 British Hosta & Hemerocallis Society members that made a visit to Prince
 Charles's private gardens at 'Highgrove' in Gloucestershire.

Glen, Thanks so much for the tour of Highgrove! The last issue of the U.S.
issue of "Town and Country" includes an article on the gardens of HRH Charles,
Prince of Wales. Some nice pix!

If Prince Charles is in residence, is his insignia flying? What make of car
does he drive? Where does he buy his hostas? Is he a member of the BHHS? When
I was Editor of THJ, I sent him extra copies of THJ and ask him to join the
AHS. Got a beautiful letter  from him which in effect said--No thanks.
Would he accept gifts of hostas?  What titles does he have besides Prince of
Wales--I should like to name one after him.
Where is Highgrove in relation to London? What are the native trees there?

Are the gardens at Buckingham Palace ever open to to the public?

Were you told what to wear whilst at Highgrove?
Thnks again, Glen!

Clyde "Curious" Crockett z5