AHS convention

I just got back from the convention and with encouragement from some of our
fellow members to write more frequently, I give this report:
The convention was well organized, the food was delicious, people are
friendly(I went by myself as my wife does not share my passion for
horticulture), and the gardens were beautiful. I took Judge's clinic II- it
was well presented by Clarence Falstad.  This was also my first experience
clerking at a cut leaf show which was very interesting.  My group of judges
did many of the unregistered classes which included the dark leaved hosta
indianabob mentions. I recommend getting involved in the judging process to
all of my fellow neophytes...it is a great way to learn how to determine what
differentiates a better hosta from a good one. You do NOT have to be an expert
to become a judge. That is how you become more knowledable -via the training
process.  By the way, I entered 2 leaves in the show and did not place on
either but with my experience clerking , I am confident my next showing will
be stronger.
My hat is off to the Central Illinois HS and the national folks. I especially
liked the way only a single bus was at a garden at a time. My only negative
experiences were beyond the control of those people- the airlines(TWA) and the
hotel (Pere Marquette) both left to be desired.
Lastly, although due to a late bus I came in at the end of the meeting, I
understand the "official" AHS robin is once again sanctioned. Due to my
limited time, I will only be participating on a single robin...where is
everybody going to be?
Hello was again to all the fellow robins I met at the convention, those of you
whom I didn't get a chance to meet,I hope to meet you in Michigan next year!

Ter
Zn 6 Cincy