Re: Slugs

It has rained today, and is humid. They will be here soon, maybe
"tonight" !!

Someone at work told me to lightly dust on top of the soil with
wood ashes.....then Ron told me wood ashes will increase the pH.
However, this co-worker hasn't had any problems this year yet.

I have heard of using crushed egg shells around the plants....the
slugs don't like crawling over top of 'em. Mind you, you have to have
some egg shells saved up. Why not start saving the egg shells and give
it a whirl. I am trying that this year. Won't know if it is working
for a while.

Also what about keeping the spot lights and outdoor lights on? I have
wondered about this, since they slime out at night to do their

I don't know if dusting with Sevin will work? Clyde you use Sevin...
I think it is time for you to give us another SLUG refresher course <wink>

Now again for the 25th time, what is the difference on the leaf between
slug damage and cutworm damage?

peri, mailto:briard-hosta@kos.net, CANADA