Re: Need Information

acahanes@frontiernet.net writes:

<< About 3 weeks ago it rained here for about 10 days
 straight.
 Then all of a sudden some of the hostas that were unfurled the leaves
 have  like spots that are paper thin and you can see through them. There are
 brown  spots on the edges of the leaves which they are not sun burned at all.
 Is this  a virus from all the moisture?  Has anyone had this happen and if so
 what do we do about it?  >>

Hi Vicky,
I'm glad you asked cuz I was just pointing out to RonnieEA how many of my
hostas look burned......which I thought was weird for so early in the season,
plus ones that don't do it other years.  The color is missing and they seem
paper thin as you say.  I never thought about all that rain we were getting.
Off hand, it's happened to Blue Angel (this doesn't get much direct sun at
all, and is at base of down spout), Zounds (DOES get sun), and Francis
Williams (which I DO expect to happen, but just not now).  There are several
more, but I can't think of whichat the moment..it must be too late for
thinking .ohhh, I think Summer Music is another one.

Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a