new listee

Greetings all:

Just got on this list; looking forward to learning much more about one of my
favorite perennials and making new friends.

I've been a hosta fanatic for quite a few years and at one time operated a
perennial nursery specializing in hosta and daylilies. I went left the
business when I had to retire early because of disability caused by
arthritis. I couldn't handle some of the nursery work anymore. But I still
garden; I just have to take twice as long to do it.

I just extended one of two partial shade gardens to include more hosta, and
am completing a site devoted to miniature and small hosta, plus a few other
small and mini perennials.

One of my favorite green hostas, "Green Piecrust," is sending up bloom
stalks. I like the large light green leaves with edges like the piecrust mom
and grandma used to make.

John G. Adney
Marion, Iowa (on the line of zones 4-5)