Fw: Mycorrhizal inoculants?

Dan,

It's a family of fungi!

The box of Injectable Mycorrhizal Inoculant I have sitting in front of
me contains 4 -4 ounce packs and contains a cocktail of
Vesicular-Arbuscular(VA) Fungi.

VA cocktail includes the following Endomycorrihizal Fungi: (40,000
spores)
Entresphospora columbiana
Glomus etunicatum
Glomus clarum
Glomus sp.

And also contains the Ectomycorrihizal Fungus:
Pisolithus tinctorius (1.7 billion spores)

Available from Plant Health Care, Inc.
1-800-421-9051

I have brought this subject up before and have been told that there is
no known association between mycorrhizae and hostas. Almost all plants
do have this association, especially trees.

It is remarkable how well some nursery people grow hostas in containers
using soilless mixes and chemical fertilizers and fertigating several
times per day. This is hydroponic hosta production and no mycorrhizal
inoculants are being used to my knowledge.

I inject mycorrhizal inoculants into the soil around trees at 150psi,
and also dip pine seedling roots before planting.

Evidence that mycorrhizae are involved in the exchange of carbohydrate
between trees and even trees of different species in the forest is a
recent discovery.

I bet hostas have mycorrhizal associations too and the hosta experts
will have to change their view in the future. I have been wrong before
though.

Corrections and additions are welcome.

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE