One Crazy Mixed Up Hosta

Walking through the garden this week I noticed a two year old seedling of
Bold Ribbons (streaked) that is different from anything I've seen before.  It
is fairly small (5 in tall by 7 in wide)  There is a central shoot and one
side shoot of almost the same size that look normal with some regular
variegation.  But there are about 5 small shoots coming off the main one that
have green in the center of the "leaf" and an edge that is purple and white.
The purple and white edge reminds me of the coloration of a flower.  I put
leaf in quotes because they are distorted and split--almost like a leaf and
flower somehow got mixed in together when they were forming.
Dave Husband
Arlington VA  Where we are having record breaking heat and a drought