Re: new hosta from root

Ray,
I posed this very question on the old hosta robin over a year ago.  I am
convinced that the undulatas can make a new hosta from a root.  I dig the
same ones up every year and yet a new one comes up in the same old place.
And I am sure that undulatas do not set seed and there are no other hostas
nearby.

By the way, the all green undulata that keeps coming back in one particular
spot has a lot of red in the petioles.  On one leaf, the red has shot up
into the leaf (not anything more than the other hostas that have red, but
still kind of interesting).  I suspect that either it is not undulata
Erromena, because I have never seen this kind of "sporting" before, but I
don't know what the heck it is.  Doesn't look like it could be anything
else.
Stacy

Stacy Holtzman
Howard Hughes Medical Institute