Re: Hosta plantaginea 'Venus'

In a message dated 6/9/1999 6:43:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
mike.groothuis@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Please send a pic, Clyde. Are the flowers suposed to be special? I don't
 understand why it is so expensive. >>

Flowers are triploids---however, if you can get it to bloom, you are a better
man than I. I had buds on mine last year and they they withered and fell off.
The plant sold originally for $1000.00

I think I have a pic of it in bloom---similar to H. p. 'Aphrodite'.

Clyde Crockett z5
I'll send pix to you---but if anyone else wants, I'll be happy to send.