Re: define stable?

In a message dated 6/10/1999 9:20:21 PM Central Daylight Time, bip@tds.net
writes:

<<  have a streaked sport from f. Aureomarginata this is its second year.
Does stable mean it does not revert back to parent or that the streaks of
green are always in same spot year  after year? bip@tdsnet.com

I do not like the use of the word "stable" to define this type of variegation
I prefer "consistent" Two years does not confirm consistency in my mind
four years or more would begin to satisfy my personal tastes but others might
have better answers and a diffrent experience.

Paul
Minneapolis
Zone 4
Were the Hosta are very large this year.