When I publish about new data there are two ways to do it

1. I publish in a scientific journal like Current Genetics,
Developmental genetics Euphytica etcThese articles have all the
proper proofs methods and references.
2. Some observations are to small to be published in a journal or are
not new in the sense that they are just applications of knowledge to
another field.or are compilations or abstracts of my earlier
scientific pulications
 This .information I publish in hobbyist journals like
those on Sedum. Sempervivum , Epiphytyes, Succulenta Piante Grasse Br
cactus and succ j. Alpine garden society ,American english and
dutch hosta journals etc As these are for the general public I leave
out all matters that clutter the main message as this would make it
incomprehensible Therfore there, no methods are given and
graphes or other hard proofs, references and notes and exceptions are
kept to a minimum. If you want examples It is more like the style in
informative articles in most hobbyist journals and also a bit like
Scientific American. So there are two ways to do a write up The fact
that a  publication is about " scientific subjects" does not mean
that one should adhere to all the rules that apply to publications in
a scientific journal. It is just a different style. PS I wonder, how
many will find something negative in the above this time.
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands