Re: The Status Of the AHS Robin---Reply

In a message dated 6/13/1999 4:01:42 AM Central Daylight Time,
jlanier@YANCEY.MAIN.NC.US writes:

<< In one case (I am referring to) only you
 and Dan Nelson questioned the critism. Too bad. >>

I gather and hope that you meant that Dan and I were both in favour of the
dialogue. I certainly did not mean to say that it should not take place on
the "open" Robin.

Methinks the problem is that members are afraid to express opinions on what
might be considered a controversial topic. My Lord! We are adults and I , for
one, resent 4 persons monitoring our mail to the Robin.

Members complained about the dialog to which you refer. No one complains when
a member uses a vulgar expression. I do not think it terribly educational or
otherwise within the purposes and policies of the Robin that some should with
impunity use such expressions as "anal retentive" or "half-as--d."

I found your and Chick's dialogue educational, civil, and extremely