Re: Hockey Stick for Round-Up

Barbara,
   I mix up the chemical ( LV4+ Round-Up) in a 5 gal pail and move it
around w/ me.  Just use an old floor mop ( with the stringy things hanging
down)  Have to be a little careful when taking the mop out of the bucket
not to splash on something you don't want to kill.  The mop will get dirty
from dragging it on the ground but can be rinsed out later or discarded.
It works surprisingly well!
Monty

----------
> From: TOWNSHIP <township@acbm.qc.ca>
> To: hosta-open@mallorn.com
> Subject: Re: Hockey Stick for Round-Up
> Date: Thursday, June 24, 1999 7:48 AM
>
> Cindy
> The fellow that sells these hockey sticks said it was the method of
choice
> for cranberry growers, where the weeds grow taller than the bushes.  If
> spraying, you risk the chance of run-off onto desirable plants, and by
> brushing it on, you only touch the weeds and also save on chemical.  This
is
> what he told me.
>
> Monty, how do you go about applying it with a mop?  What kind of mop ?
Do