Re: Southern blight in the north AGAIN

Beth, I live in the South and do not have problem with so called Southern
blight.  In all of the time I have grown hostas I have had 2 problems.  Each
time the plant was not getting air circulation around the petioles.  Once
mulch had washed down on a border of plants and the other was when I had
failed to remove the mulch back away from one plant. Each time I removed all
of the foliage cleaned the area and drenched with a fungicide.  The plant
came back as good as new and there was no more problem.
If the humidity does not drop soon, I may not be able to make the above
statement.  Heat and rain together are making my garden into a jungle.  A cut
leaf Jap maple produce new growth of nearly three feet while I was in Ann
Arbor.  Plants in my area are not used to water.
Mary