convention highlights

The convention was great (leaving out the politics). The gardens were
incredible. The people were all very friendly. Some of the highpoints

1) Saguaro's Nursery- although lacking in hosta-they had an incredible
selection of rare plants

2) Green Dragonet- in the Owens garden- strange to call something so
large a seedling!!!

3) Abba Aloft- I found this one slightly hidden in Schmid's nursery-
hard to describe the lemon lime color. Where can I get it? Did anyone
get a picture?

4) Olive Bailey Langdon- I was seated next to her on fridays tour. We
had great fun chit chatting.

5) Maui Buttercup- I finally got one!

6) Jim Wilkins garden- we stopped there Sunday, Amazing what can be
accomplished in 3 years. It should have been on the tour.

7)auction- I love auctions, especially watching people spend 4 times
street value. Top money spent - $1400 on a 3 inch hosta called Jim
Wilkins. (makes my heart go pitter patter)

8) meeting many of the Hosta-open clan

Ray Wiegand z5
Mentor, Ohio