Re: Hostas in sun; Convention

CCREDUX@aol.com wrote:
> BUT I have a question to those that were present at the time the motion to
> amend was defeated. Was a vote then taken on the main motion, which required
> a 2/3 majority?
> If so, was it a voice vote?

The final vote, on the motion to amend the by-laws, was called for by
President Jim, using the same procedure as used just previously: those
in favor stood and were counted, and those opposed stood and were
counted, by the three "counters."  The standers-in-favor appeared to
greatly outnumber tose against.  The announced vote was well over a
two-thirds majority; to the best of my recollection it was one-hundred-
fifty-something to fifty-eight.

Irwin Johnson