Re[2]: top 10 hosta

Clyde, thanks for prompting a response.  I looked at Bob Solberg's list and
realized my perspective spans about 20 years more than his, going back to
1960. Due to the "longer" view I would have the following Top 10 hosta of
the millennium:

     undulata Albo Marginata
     plantaginea
     sieboldiana 'Elegans'
     Frances Williams
     Gold Standard
     Golden Tiara
     Antioch
     Halcyon
     August Moon
     Great Expectations

     These plants are listed in order of total sales for the past 40 years,
     during the rapid growth of the hosta craze. Royal Standard is
     certainly higher than Great Expectations in plant usage.

     No doubt the plants Bob included, different from my list, Sum &
     Substance, Beatrice and Patriot are contributors, but I would put the
     others higher in ranking. June and Patriot are subsets of Halcyon and
     Antioch, certainly distinct in their own right. A fast growing S&S
     would have swept the world quickly; alas such is not yet available.

     Just my opinion.
     Regards, bruce