Paul Harvey Writes:

Hi everyone
	Denise sent this to me, maybe some would like to read it.

 Paul Harvey Writes:
      We tried so hard to make things better for our kids that we made
  them worse. For my grandchildren, I'd like better. I'd really like for
  them to know about hand me down clothes and homemade ice cream and
  meat loaf sandwiches. I really would.
      I hope you learn humility by being humiliated, and that you learn
  honesty by being cheated. I hope you learn to make your own bed and
  mow the lawn and wash the car. And I really hope nobody gives you a
   brand new car when you are sixteen.
       It will be good if at least one time you can see puppies born and
  your old dog put to sleep. I hope you get a black eye fighting for
  something you believe in, I hope you have to share a bedroom with your
  younger brother. And it's all right if you have to draw a line down
  middle of the room, but when he wants to crawl under the covers with
  because he's scared,  I hope you let him.
      When you want to see a movie and your little brother wants to tag
   along, I hope you'll let him. I hope you have to walk uphill to
  with your friends and that you live in a town where you can do it
  On rainy days when you have to catch a ride, I hope you don't ask your
  driver to drop you two blocks from school so you won't be seen with
  someone as uncool as your Mom.
      If you want a slingshot, I hope your Dad teaches you how to make
  one instead of buying one. I hope you learn to dig in the dirt and
  read books. When you learn to use computers, I hope you also learn to
  and subtract in your head. I hope you get teased by your friends when
  have your first crush on a girl, and when you talk back to your mother
  you learn what ivory soap tastes like.
      May you skin your knee climbing a mountain, burn your hand on a
  stove and stick your tongue on a frozen flagpole. I don't care if you
  try a beer once, but I hope you don't like it. And if a friend offers
  dope or a joint, I hope you realize he is not your friend.
      I sure hope you make time to sit on a porch with your Grandpa and
  fishing with your Uncle. May you feel sorrow at a funeral and joy
  during the holidays. I hope your mother punishes you when you throw a
  baseball through your neighbor's window and that she hugs you and
  kisses  you at Christmas time when you give her a plaster mold of your
      These things I wish for you-tough times and disappointment, hard
  and happiness. To me, its the only way to appreciate life.
       Written with a pen.  Sealed with a kiss. If you are my friend,
  answer this:  Are we friends or are we not? You told me once, but I
  Of all the friends I've met, you're the one I won't forget.  And if I
  die before you do, I'll go to heaven and wait for you.
  Send this to all of your friends who mean the most to you. We secure
  our friends not by accepting favors but by doing them.
      Paul Harvey...GOOD DAY!

                Bob Axmear 208 2nd St Ne  Waukon,Ia 52172-1308