Subject: Heavie-Jeebies
Author:  hosta-open@mallorn.com (owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com) at HERCULES
Date:    03/20/2000 6:50 AM

Good Morning All
The snow finally melted off an area where last fall I planted out
numerous
young/small hostas.  Took a walk, and found that many of them have
been
lifted out of the ground or the soil has been washed away when we had
quick thaw a couple of weeks ago.   They look good, nice fat healthly
looking eyes, and roots look fine too, so far.  Question is what do I
do
with them now?  I dare not stomp them back in, which I probably can't
do
yet, since the ground is till frozen.  Would top dressing them with
something work?  And if so, what?  Soil, mulch...
Thanks.
Barbara
Quebec, Canada
mailto:township@acbm.qc.ca