I wonder Why

1.  Why does the Yearbook reach Germany before it gets to TN?

2. Why are my red tulips flowering pink this year?  I have had this group of
red tulips for over 20 years.  This year only one is red and the others are
shades of pink.  My sister suggested that everything fades with age.

3. Why on the only afternoon that I have help in the garden, we get a real
rain and work has to stop?  The rain is much appreciated even at the expense
of much needed lost labor.

4.  Here Dogwood always flower at Easter.  They are beginning to open this

The hostas are growing in TN.  Today we had to remove the cover from our
growing houses.  Not only did the plants need more light but the temperature
was too high for comfort.  I can't believe the tremendous increase found in
some clumps and containers this year.  I discovered 8 crowns showing in
Lakeside Premier.  To start a new clump for the future I had planted one
crown last summer.

The crocus have been gone so long that they are forgotten until next year.
Anemones are still beautiful. The Beltilla orchids are beginning to flower.
Virginia Bluebells are in full bloom but the white variety is almost
finished.  The voles ate my pink ones several years ago.  Many of the asarum
have finished flowering and are now rapidly developing a fresh new set of
leaves.  Early varieties of primula are loaded with flowers.

For those of you that have sent best wishes to Roy, Thanks.  He is home now
and beginning to feel better.  We hope that several months of medication will
take care of this problem.