That BAP plant

I am beginning to see spots as I search for the small yellow dot that should
appear on the petiole of this treated plant.  Yesterday I thought for sure
that I had found one but upon investigation discovered that the petiole was
only damaged where one of those little white hard things (known as perlite)
had gotten wedged in and damaged the petiole.
The only thing that I can now say for sure is that it drinks water like a
camel readying for a 3 day journey across the desert.  Its tray gets a cup
nearly everyday.

Can you believe that this is the last day of March and we have been mowing
the yard for five weeks.  Even the Zoysia that is usually brown until mid May
is already green. At this rate our labor is going to be increased by at least
one-third this summer.  When I think of all the extra time I have to get the
garden prepared and still never get things ready, I just don't understand how
you guys with a shorter growing season can get finished in time to clean up
for fall.  There could certainly be a lot of answers to that question.
Mary