Tetraploids in Hosta

I have been reading for some time now discussions on several forums,
controversial and conflicting information, about Ploidy in Hosta.
  Tony Avent has published a method for inducing Tets in Hosta and states
that There are 3 in existence on the market currently Patriot, Night Before
Christmas and Grand Tiera. He states that this has been confirmed by DR
Zonneveld. I have learned that the late Dr. Hiro has created Tetras ex. Hiro
Supreme, Hiro Splendor, Hiro Majesty and others BUT there is no documented
studies/proof that this is true. It is claimed that the Hiro's will freely
mix with other Hosta (Duploids) and if this is true they can't be Tetras. Has
anyone tried the three mentioned above for crossing? Has anyone else
confirmed that they are Tetras, Dr. Zonneveld undocumented methods being
  I REALLY don't care to waste my time on a "dead end road" basing my time
and effort on inaccurate, unproven or suspect information. Thankyou

"Hosta Scholar" Towle
  He He I like that.