Fwd: hosta scientific session

In a message dated 3/19/2001 11:04:22 AM Central Standard Time,
tony@plantdel.com writes:

Subj: hosta scientific session
Date: 3/19/2001 11:04:22 AM Central Standard Time
From:    tony@plantdel.com (Tony Avent)
To:    GIBOSHIWIP@aol.com, giboshiman@aol.com, clarence@waltersgardens.com,
Greenhill@mindspring.com, hostadocta@msms.org,
zonneveld@rulbim.LeidenUniv.NL, CBCTPLANT@aol.com,
chick@bridgewoodgardens.com, CCREDUX@aol.com, dduch@bellsouth.net,
Donald.Dean@stfrancis.k12.mn.us, hans@shadyoaks.com,
jlanier@yancey.main.nc.us, hortiholic@home.com, op@niia.net, BZHH@aol.com,
ranbl@reg.net, rrh@genesis.nred.ma.us, lgirton@gvc.edu,
aden111@earthlink.net

Dear Hosta Convention Attendees..hopefully:

   I am writing to notify you of a change in the AHS Convention for this
year, and hope you can spread the word.  In addition to our daytime
Educational Session,  which features talks by both Barry Yinger, Dan
Hinkley, and a scientific update by CH Falstad; we have planned two
additional evening scientific sessions.

   On both Thursday night after the picnic (around 930pm), and Friday night
after the banquet (around 930pm), we will hold evening Scientific Breakout
Sessions.  These open sessions will be moderated by Lois Girton of Iowa,
and will feature informal presentations and an open discussion by any
interested attendees.  There is no sign-up required, but please help to
spread the word to anyone who might be interested.  The discussion topic
for Thursday night is Hosta ploidy, and the discussion for Friday night is
Hosta variegation and inheritance.  If you have any comments, please
contact Lois at lgirton@gvc.edu.

   This should be a lively and informative session.  Thank you in advance
for
your help in spreading the word to any newsgroups, or individuals who might
be interested in participating!

   I hope to see each of you in Raleigh.
Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @

[...]