Re: Stabilizing Sports

...Bill Thankyou. I would love to describe it. I don't have any pictures but
hope to get a digital soon to remedy that. This is a natural sporting of H.
Hyacinthina, typical green, rich and full. The sported white is very
interesting to me as it appears in two ways, a motteled/smeared white
(possibly in L1) with the standard green appearing to be under it (possibly
in L2 or L3). The second is a sectorial or mericlinal chimera appearing only
on one side of leaf mid rib. This coloring appears on approx. half of the
leaves on each crown that I have separated. In 3 years I have gathered about
15-18 crown divisions displaying this sporting. It also appears that I have
lost (visually) the sporting in some of the divisions as they reverted back
to green. Also each year I get a new surprise as each division returns plus
or minus in number of leaves that display the white
  Bill I hope I haven't totally confused the issue, I will take pictures
this spring.

                                                                   Jim Towle