Re: yellow inheritance

In a message dated 3/21/01 5:00:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
andrewl@hostahaven.com writes:

 To which I pose the following;
 From what I can tell of this conversation, and my stumblings around into
 molecular bio, it seems to me that the equation is a bit more
 complicated than Yy or Yg.   Maybe it was gg and Yg on one set of
 alleles, but gg and Yb on another, and gw and Yw on another
 (respectively, pod and pollen parents).  Now 50% of the progeny would be
 Yellow and nuclear, but not because of a single gene >>

Andrew, you are truly amazing.  N.