From: owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com [mailto:owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com]On Behalf Of andrewl
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 1:14 PM
To: hosta-open@mallorn.com
Subject: Re: yellow inheritance, Gen 101, and Sayonara, for now...

halinar@open.org wrote:

Hi Joe,
First, let me say thanks for the Genetics 101 refresher.  I seemed to have skipped to 451 and then am working backwards which is often how I learn things. :-)  From studying the CD-ROM of the A. Thaliana genome, and some of the sequence analysis sites, there are basics that I've skipped.  Of course, one of the advantages of doing it this way is that one doesn't run as much risk of adopting theories that have subsequently been proven inaccurate.  Once the genome and proteome of Hosta is mapped, then we will be better able to speak about what is ACTUALLY happening, and not have to operate on simply what we BELIEVE may be happening.

God bless you all.  I hope to meet more of you at future Hosta shindigs.

And to Ben Z., Joe H., James H., Ran L., Bill M., Dan N., Preston L., Roy D. Narda M., Jim T. and many, many other others that have tolerated my long posts and occassionally enjoyed them, "Thank you".  I've really enjoyed the communications and learned a lot.  I'll probably be back in the early winter, but Joe is probably right--I need to not only be intelligent, but to be smart.

Hosta la Vista!   (And remember, after this post, I'm no longer a registered user.  This is only to gain some time back.  You will all be missed).

Right now I hear my mother-in-law calling, so it's time to start being smart ... :-)

Andrew Lietzow
#1 Plantsman at http://hostahaven.com
1250 41st St
Des Moines, IA 50311-2516