Re: Fw: Sports--Help us {THE ULTIMATE OBJECTIVE?}

At 07:09 PM 03/23/2001 -0500, Jim Towle wrote: <<...I am curious as to how you would
take into consideration things like substance, leaf texture, slug resistance,
disease resistance, sun tolerance/shade tolerance, drought tolerance as
improvements in identical cultivars. Possibly a nomenclature system as an
offshoot of the colorwheel (as in corn, beans, forgive me) Today there are a
specific set of problems (with what 4000+ or-) as time goes on presumably
there will be less possible distinction (visible) in type. i.e. an identical
in all other ways, Frances Williams that LOVES sun and doesn't spot, but
>>------- Jim Towle et al ------->> Lemme try again? ..to explain what I'm talking about per THE ULTIMATE OBJECTIVE as it relates to 'The Hosta Wheels Committee' (Sports Websites) and as pertaining to mutations and/or new introductions of hostas:
-- We ARE NOT talking about inherent characteristics related to: slug/insect resistance; sun/shade adaptability; fertility verses sterility; and so forth & so on, related to the nature of the plant's growth habits & characteristics.
-- We are talking about a means by which we might classify specific hosta sports (mutations included?); and this, by it's pedigree and it's leaf coloring (CLANNING?).  The Color Wheel, created by Bill Meyer and the placement of a hosta onto an actual clock position, seems like a very sensible and realistic method by which we can classify given mutations/sports; even seedlings and any new introduction which is registered, wherein the pedigree is known/provided.
-- I would like to know what tools the Nomenclature REGISTRAR is using to classify new hosta registrations today ..Probably NONE?
-- There is a strong polarization happening in Cyberspace, by what I've seen, suggesting that the Sports Website is going to be dramatically and greatly expanded; and therefore, I simply wanted to suggest to these folks (whoever/wherever they may be?): to not forget the original "hidden motives" (intent?) or THE ULTIMATE OBJECTIVE (as stated previously?).
-- Perhaps someone can tell me: What is the exact purpose of "CLANNING hostas"?   AND Clanning verses Grouping, is closely related to hosta Nomenclature Procedural Rules; and for your information, the very word "clan" is as dangerous a word as "plagiarism" <-> and very closely tied together?  I will not go into an explanation of my rhetoric in the previous line, and if anyone wants the full explanation, they can ask Jim Hawes or Ben Zonneveld to elaborate further on that story (I won't!)? LOL! "hehe" :)) NO FURTHER COMMENT!!! ((:

I think the main purpose of "clanning" as was done by Jim Hawes {AND "grouping"} as was done by Ben Zonneveld (using Jim's papers? :)) -- --> IS TO TRY TO DISUADE TWO IDENTICAL HOSTAS FROM BEING REGISTERED UNDER DIFFERENT NAMES?  ..and please note, that was a question...

SIMPLY QUESTIONS ..nothing more

hi'Diddle-diddle! just a little?