RE: Pill bugs/sow bugs

OK, well, I'll once more quote Doug Green on this topic of using Seven on
sow bugs. Personnally, I think what he says makes a lot of sense (and know
many on this robin will agree):

"Can you use Sevin? Sure you can. **HOWEVER** if you do there are some
consequences. Let's start at the top. Sevin is a carbamate and comes with a
toxic warning to human beings. When you use it, Sevin (lets call it Carbaryl
its chemical name rather than its marketing name) can enter your body
through your skin just by the dust contacting your skin,by inhalation or by
eating the produce it is dusted on. Do you want it to? Not if you're
pregnant you don't according to the EPA that says there "might" be a problem
but that there isn't enough research on it to say one way or other. Does it
bother your kids? Well, they're a lot smaller than most of the adults tested
so I wouldn't be too happy about the kids or pets playing in the yard for
two weeks after I had dusted. (That's how long the product takes to break
down) What about if you are a bird? Bad news here folks unless you're a
Canada Goose and they don't seem to be killed outright like many other
birds. Hmmm, no hummingbirds, no songbirds. What about if you have
fishponds. Not a good idea to get this stuff on aquatic life - they tend to

What about invertebrates? Death on wheels to worms and other soil
micro-organisms. Hmm, that means that all those good guys making fertilizer
and eating disease spores will be dead too - I suppose the disease spores
will be happy about that but the gardener won't be in a short time when she
starts having problems in the garden. What about toads and frogs who eat
slugs and flies? Say goodbye to those folks and hello to slugs and flies.
So - yes, you can kill sowbugs with Sevin (Carbaryl) but I surely wouldn't
want to."