Re: hyacinthina and Ben's Booklet

            Re: hycinthina and Ben's Booklet
       Date:
            Fri, 23 Mar 2001 17:04:53 -0500
      From:
            Jim Hawes <hawesj@atlantic.net>
        To:
            hosta-open@mallorn.com, hawesj@atlantic.net
Sports Robins,

This post to Mr. Packard got lost in cyberspace email. It was sent three
days ago as you can deduce from data above. I am sending it again to
help Mr. Packard understand true facts.
Jim H.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Thank you Mr. Packard for your vote. Your vote will cancel  out another
who may vote against you.. BTW, I believe you have made a mistake. There

is no Mr Lanier  who is involved in this discussion. Therefore I believe

you owe Mr Lanier an apology. There is no need to apologize to me. This
is an open discussion as explained at the very beginning. Everyone who
wished could have participated. You have had the same opportunity as
anyone else to express your technical  or scientific input  at any time
during the last four weeks on this open forum  but you have not done so
until now. Your input at this time is a socio-political one, not a
technical one.  There is still time if you wish to make a technical
input  because we have not completed the final summary. I am making a
scientific  summary representing my own opinion and that of  a few
people
who have made an input and  are in agreement with me. You may provide
the
same kind of summary and submit it to the Editor of the Journal if you
wish. It is he who will decide what to publish and  I understand he has
promised to be objective in his editing.  I should explain that we
anticipated  covering  more agenda items but Dr. Zonneveld's insistence
upon changing the subject to his Booklet,  which is a work of PLAGIARISM

as most of us know, has necessitated that we terminate the discussion
prematurely and deal with this matter. I hope that you understand that
when something is stolen, such as intellectiual property, that this a
violation of ethics and perhaps even the law. Surely you do not condone
such behavior?

Respectfully,
Jim Hawes.