Re: one sided summary

In a message dated 3/26/01 9:35:08 AM Central Standard Time,
zonneveld@RULBIM.Leidenuniv.nl writes:

one sided summary

As I said earlier, it turns out to be impossible to discuss anything
about genetics with people who have not the faintest idea about the
subject.   I will not even try to correct all the failures in the
summary, where all my arguments are simply left out. I hope that at
least some see that this is just a JiHad, and a clear proof of
unjustified slander.
Ben J.M.Zonneveld

 DR Zonneveld
   It appears that you are speaking directly to me again as I know
absolutely nothing about Genetics except what I have learned through this
discussion and Biology 101 many years ago. Although I have not been part of
the summary I feel intimately involved in the discussion that you refer to.
 I have asked politely and directly several times to be addressed with
curtesy and respect and you simply refuse to do so. Why is it that you choose
to be so arrogant, demeaning, aggressive and disrespectful in your remarks to
all those involved in this forum? Who are you to demand such an exalted
presence? Above common human respect and interaction? The last thing I am
qualified to address you on is Genetics and Scientific protocol but I am
first in line to call you on your attitude in addressing this community. You
could not have found a more respectful, attentive, open, hungry or focused
audience at the beginning of this "discussion." I could not guess How many
you have had in your audience through this medium, maybe thousands? I do know
that quite a few questions were put to you that you either didn't choose to
answer or answered with guesses not based in fact or documented research.
 Are you a teacher/professor? I have had my share and in any of my
experience If any ONE of them said "You must accept what I say because I say
so" they would have been confronted with less respect than you received and
laughed out of class. If the arrogance were to continue eventually
administration would be intervening and you would be terminated. Is this
attitude of yours in common in the Netherlands?
 As far as the Summary is concerned your "Rule of Thumb" has been clearly
represented as far as I can see. Throughout the entire discussion I don't
recall a single example of documented, researched rebuttal. If I am
inaccurate please enlighten me. I have tracked the discussion as closely as
possible and all I recall is non response and avoidance. DR. You have MADE NO
 "Jihad" It is truly ironic and I must say, in classic form, that you choose
this word to describe the Discussion/Debate. I understand that it has a
serious spiritual significance. As I understand the final Summary and my own
perception of what occurred over the last several weeks it is all based in
two clear areas. Scientific discussion, research and documentation in
specific regard to Hosta and basic human and professional values that many
regard as Spiritual.
 I believe the first has been well delineated as for the second I don't
understand your responses. Is it acceptable to you to steal the work of
others and claim it as your own? Is it acceptable to profit from the theft
and to continue to do so? Is it acceptable to you to perpetrate a hoax on
this Hosta community and hold yourself up as an expert? Is it acceptable to
you to convey guesses/theories as fact and misinform an entire community? Is
it acceptable to you to attempt to manipulate/dominate a community with
arrogant, demeaning, intellectualism?
 "Jihad" an ironic choice of words DR. Where are your Values? Where are your
ethics? Where are your morals? Where is your spirituality? Where is the
unjustified slander? Where is the Jihad?

                                                                    Jim Towle