Re: hyacinthina and Ben's Booklet

In a message dated 3/26/01 12:30:26 PM Central Standard Time,
charlie@charliecheese.demon.co.uk writes:

Re: hyacinthina and Ben's Booklet

>>>There were at least two levels in this important open discussion.Those who
knew what they were talking about 'The Teachers', like your

goodself, and those who were at various stages of learning ,'The
Students', which includes me and probably many others on this robin.<<<
>>>However the 'Teachers' were throwing so much 'mud' at each other that
we ended up with a 'blackboard' that was illegible and a 'NOISE LEVEL'
that was unpleasant. I believe, sincerely, that those arguments should
take place outside the 'classroom'.
I am not qualified to comment on the allegation of plagiarism, but I
do respect your, understandingly, strong feelings on that matter. It
can never be condoned.<<<
>>>However, I do think that if more enquiring questions rather than 'mud'
had been thrown, then the discussion might have proved more
successful.
For my selfishness to learn more and my frustration at watching the
discussion collapse, I do apologise. A better mannered discussion
might have contributed more to everyone's HOSTA knowledge and I
sincerely believe that 'The Teachers' have a responsibility to behave
better.
I really do look forward to reading the summary.
Yours Respectfully
Charlie
UK

Hello Charlie
 I am in strong agreement with a lot of what you are saying. There has been
a lot of "mud" and the "noise level" has been deafening.
 There is one point that I do disagree on. There is NO authority in this
forum but ourselves (as I understand it), no censorship, we must monitor and
police ourselves. Even now no one will be "kicked out." If a community member
has been inappropriate in ANY way it is for us to take care of the situation.
PLEASE remember "ShayDaGuy" and his jokes. From what I observe the situation
has been addressed and many "changes" have taken place. It appears he is
being honestly welcomed and is finding "friendships" in the community.
 DR. Z is holding fast. I believe he owes myself and the entire community an
apology for his demeaning presence and behavior totally separate from any
other consideration. I was not insulted by Mr. Hawes, Mr. Meyer, DR. Halinar
or others involved in the discussion. They were specifically talking to DR.
Zonnonveld However much "mud" was used. DR. Z. on several occasions addressed
the community and individuals in it (as in today's post), in a very
disparaging and arrogant way.
 Charlie I agree again. It was very difficult for me to focus and learn
through the discussion. I DO believe several had an agenda to address several
issues other than teaching US. It is my sincerest hope that the "teaching"
will continue without undo interference. I also Hope that as Mr. Hawes has
stated in his summary several other "Teachers" will find a healthier
atmosphere and "clear waters" in which to come forward and share what they
have for us. DR Marcotrigano was insulted by DR. Z as well and I truly hope
he can come forward now. He has a GREAT DEAL for us and I, like you, am very
selfish and want all that he and others have for me.
......Charlie I respectfully say to you that in the weeks and months to come,
you and I (as well as others) will realize that with DR. Z being dispatched
we will find MANY areas of gratitude towards Jim, Joe, Bill and others that
are not realized or fully apparent today. The family is much healthier today,
and we are able to move on in the positive direction that we are all (most of
us anyway) here for. With rampant Ego muzzled and fettered we will NEVER
return to the "muddy chaos" of the very recent past. Yes, I said
Past............. the starving lion's teeth have been pulled and he has been
declawed to. Here Kitty Kitty.
 Charlie do you like to PLAY with Hosta? I am in New Hampshire and we still
have snow melting oooooooooooh I guess 3 weeks until I can get my hands in
the mud, er er, I mean dirt. If I didn't have a 1000 or so seedlings to play
with I would be going crazy.
 Hay Narda can you see dirt Yet? Woooo Hoooo lets get to playing.

                                                                         Jim
Towle