Re: Aeolian (Wind) Harp Reproductions

of the seven modes my memory keeps locking up at the fifth. It just so happens that the "true" minor mode is the sixth, and I can't pull the name out of my head.I can tell you that the second mode is Dorian (also a minor) and is what Santana usually plays.

Cindy Johnson wrote:

Thanks for your comments, Ray and others too.  I appreciate them.   I've found that a lot of the music I like most is in a minor key.  Often when my hubby is playing a song on the piano and I tell him I really like it, he says he figured I would, since it's in a minor key.  Is there another word related to Aeolian but that is for minor "modes"?    It would be nice to find some kind of chimes that are tuned to it.  Oh, I just see Narda found chimes tuned to minor key!

Cindy Johnson

White Bear Lake, MN

zone 4a