Re: jpegs that won't open

>I am getting an error message that says " unsupported SOF marker type
>0xc2", with a following message that the jpeg is corrupt.

There is NOT one file format for .jpg files.  I don't understand all
of it, but there are many different flavors of .jpg files.  The "SOF"
error you get is an "start of file" error.  What this means is that
the image viewer you are using is an older version that doesn't
recognize the newer format.  I have this problem quite often with the
older 16 bit viewer I use as my default .jpg viewer.  When you get
this problem just use a newer image viewer and it almost always works
unless the file itself is corrupted.

Joe Halinar