Goddess of Athena

  • Subject: Goddess of Athena
  • From: "mark combellack" <combellack@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 21:13:45 -0500

Greetings

Does anyone have information on this plant?  From the images I have seen of this plant it would appear that it is a fairly typical albeit attractive plant with varigated margines yet it seems to produce a good number of varigated seedlings. I relize of course that any hosta stands a chance of producing the occasional streaked seedling if you grow enough of them but I always believed that to reliably produce streaky seedlings you had to start with a streaky pod parent. I recently started a few seeds from this plant that i obtained from the Oklahoma seed exchange and sure enough at least 30% of the first leaves are streaked. Can somone explain how an apparently stable plant goes about producing Varigated seedlings on a regular basis.

    Thanks Mark Combellack

--------------------------------------------------------------------- To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with the message text UNSUBSCRIBE HOSTA-OPEN