Fw: Library Pic's

  • Subject: Fw: Library Pic's
  • From: Pat Mora patmora@comcast.net
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:15:20 -0600

HI All:
    Sooooo, we are in the 4th year of the Hosta Library, YEA. As I enter new data from The Hosta Finder and retail catalog's I find many photo's are needed for the Library. Hopefully some one can fill the blanks and keep the Library current. Below are a few of the latest entries but there are over 1700 Hosta names in the searchable database with no photo's. All photo's must be sent to Bob Axmear if they are to be placed into the Library but PLEASE give Hostapix a look too!!!!
Pat
ps: My curiosity got the best of me when I found a new Hosta H. 'Orinoco Flow', from Peter Cross, Hilltop Farm in Ash Grove MO. My husband and I were anchored in Trinidad, 25 miles from Venezuela when we had a wild idea about motoring up the Orinoco river, against the current in our sail boat. That could have been a dissastrous choice due to swift currents, snakes, language problems and diesel fuel availability. I asking Peter why the name "H. 'Orinoco Flow'. "'H. 'Orinoco Flow' is named after the song by Enya of the same name. The song, in turn, was named after the river in South America." (Peter Cross)
    I like the song, don't know about the river but now I would like to see the pic of H. 'Orinoco Flow'.
Pat
      H. 'Awesome Illusion'

      H. 'Cynthia's Extra Special'

      H. 'Dauntless'