RE: Pre-Emergent Herbicides

  • Subject: RE: Pre-Emergent Herbicides
  • From: eric elya eelya1@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 02:30:08 -0800 (PST)

i'd love to see the articles
it's less expensive than treflan or serflan, right?

eric

Floyd or Betsy <rogers4@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
If anyone else is interested, I can forward some short articles on the use of CGM as a pre-emergent.
The patents are held by Iowa State University and they license the technology. Properly applied
(quantity and timing) it prevents 80% of the annual weeds. Applied a second year, it prevents 80%
of what's left (plus those that blew in). Applied the third year, ....

A side benefit is the nitrogen it adds to the soil, allowing you to supplement with relatively
common 10-10-10 or the like.

Floyd Rogers