Re: Concrete mix

--><< I think everyone should have a trough
> or two planted with dwarf hosta and a few alpines. >>
>Joanne -
>Well I guess I agree with you about that, but how do you go about planting
>trough and why is it so recommendable???   Why would you use a trough when
>earth is such a good place for hostas and alpines?
  As you know, Alpines need perfect drainage, as a rule. If  ground
conditions don't provide perfect drainage, the gardener can set conditions
up in troughs that will provide great drainage.
  The concrete recipes and procedures that so many people have shared, by
the way, aren't just limited to  troughs and pots. I see sculpture and
garden accent possibilities, too.
John Dash
Fairport, NY
Where the Big Thaw is supposed to start in 6 hours.