Fwd: Hosta Library Update

-- BEGIN included message

Hi All,
Beth Arnold was asking about the photo library. I will feed two birds with one
stone here. The photo library idea came from Glen Williams inquiry into
someone publishing a book each year with photos of new introductions.
Bob Axmear and I started chatting via Email and thought that if people would
send him photos via Email that he would set up a web site as a test to see how
much interest there was for this type of thing. I sent him a number of photos
to get the thing started and now others have joined in the fun and we have a
nice mix of photos from many contributors at a web site that Bob Axmear has
set up.
The link to it is    <A HREF="http://www.hostasonline.com/library/index.html">
HOSTA LIBRARY</A>   if the link does not take you there by clicking on it the
address for it is    http://www.hostasonline.com/library/index.html
It is arranged alphabetically and very easy to maneuver thru.
And here is the second part of the excitement, Beth, you made mention of your
streaked 'Little Wonder' in a post and because this
<A HREF="http://www.hostasonline.com/library/index.html">HOSTA LIBRARY</A>
can be updated instantaneously, you can now go to that site and everyone can
see the plant that you are referring to.  I happen to have taken a photo of
Little Wonder streaked in your garden in Peoria! Go look at it.
A couple of other photos that you can see in Beth Arnold's garden that have
been posted this morning are:  'Gold Finger'  and that beautiful example that
you were growing of 'Rascal'.
Bob Axmear is volunteering his time to put this together as an experiment.
He asked me to ask anyone who has photos to share to please Email him at
bobaxe@sbtek.net   and he will give some guidelines for the best way to
If this goes as planned, it will change and grow every few days and will be a
valuable resource for hosta lovers.
Thanks again to Bob and everyone who contributes.
Enjoy! And thank you Beth for mentioning your streaked 'Little Wonder'....it
sparked me to revisit your beautiful garden in my Peoria photo album and now
everyone can see what a terrific plantswoman you are!

Carol in Ct.

-- END included message

-- END included message