Seedlings

Last year was my second year that I planted seeds mostly from
my hostas, many different variety some of which I cross pollinatted.
Out of all the seeds I planted, maybe 1000+ in 1997, 1200+ in 1998
I have only kept 14, we'll see what happens to them this year if
they come up.  This year I have planted 2000-3000 seeds, mostly from
my hostas but some I did purchase. I made many different plantings,
November, January and March, only a few have died, most are growing
great but very slow. Only a few seem to be vigorous growers. I have
been growing them under lights 22 hours/day, the llights are
approximately 5-6" over the plants.

I have been using Peter's fertilizer 20/20/20at 1/4 strength along
with 'ROOT' at full strength. i would like to increase my fertilier
strength but I am not sure I can without killing all my seedlings.
Can anyone share their method for increasing the growth rate of their
seedlings? Are there better fertilizers?  Mircale Grow, etc.?

Michael Laico
Crossville, TN