Best Garden on Tour

Why has the AHS been so opposed to giving an award to the best garden on tour
at an AHS Convention? I understand that it invites competition. But isn't that
life?
Why shouldn't the best be honored in some way?
I agree that ALL persons who are nice enough to let us see their gardens
should be recognized. But why not let us--the attendees--tell what the best
is?
I think it it is educational.
There is some sordid history here, but that can be avoided, now that Olson is
no longer President. It is my understanding that he rigged two votings. I know
for a fact that he did one----Columbus.

I'd like to get your views.(Unfortunately, the AHS is still an "Old Boys'
Club";so, I guess we shall be stymied.)

Clyde Crockett z5