Re: Best Garden on Tour

In a message dated 3/21/1999 4:39:12 PM Central Standard Time,
township@acbm.qc.ca writes:

<< No sense pitting these great gardeners against one another.  Its enough
 work as it is - and they do a WONDERFUL job."

 Ditto...and amen!

 Barbara >>
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I think competition is not only healthy but inspires people to give 200% to
their efforts. As far as "pitting" one against the other, I rather view it as
like an oil painting competition, not like a tennis match.

As far as the statement"beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is concerned,
one should note that the Har. Award was not for the most beautiful garden, but
for the garden that best used hostas in the landscape.

Frances, in principle and theory, I do not understand the difference between
judging cut-leaf shows and the best variegated hosta in a tour garden, on the
one hand, and judging gardens, on the other hand. Thanks for your input.

Tentatively,

Clyde Crockett z5