Re: Best hosta's to put with impatiens

In a message dated 3/27/1999 1:35:55 PM Central Standard Time,
RonnieEA@aol.com writes:

 << Also, why
  not try interplantng some white impatienses. >>
 Hi Clyde.  Well, as far as why not try some white impations, I guess white is
 not my favorite color - I prefer a mass of color, and have generally gone
 red,  the fucias and lilacs etc.  Now, did you mean all white or internmixing
 red and white.?  I think I remember you saying that you plant impations with
 your hostas.. Do you pretty much stick to whites? >>
 Hi Ronnie:
I use mainly white, which gives depth to the border, but I also use red. I
particularly nowadays like orange impatienses.
I agree that mass plantings of one color are very nice and dramatic.But
sometimes I have mixed colors, just for the heck of it---and the results have
been pleasing.

Have you tried any of the doubles? and minis? I find that impatienses grow TOO
well in some locations and hide the hostas. So I try to find the true

Clyde Crockett z5