Re: Overwintered hostas in pots

Diane, I have lost several hostas every winter for the past few years due to
mice/possible voles.  I'm now using 2" of sharp gravel in bottom of pot to
discourage digging UP, planted hosta, then 1" of sharp gravel on very top to
discourage digging DOWN.  Hostas in z-7 are just beginning to surgace, so I'll
know in a week or so if it worked!!   Also have to plant my in-ground hostas
in 3+ gallon pots with gravel top and bottom for same reason!!  Does anyone
have any good ideas on voles??  Also squirrels digging into hosta beds looking
for oak and beech fruits.  Too many in my area to trap!  Susan